PADI IDC – Instructor Courses in Tenerife, Canary Islands!
Are you fed up of your office job or the 8am-5pm?
Hate the long commute every day?
Would you like to spend more time in the sun?
Have you got what it takes to transform lives?
If you answer yes to these questions, we can show you how you can change your life around and try something new! As a PADI Instructor you trade your office cubicle for the blue ocean, enjoy the sunset as you stroll home from work each evening, and make a career out of transforming people’s lives for the better.
And you can transform your life into a PADI Instructor here in Tenerife, Canary Islands, with PADI 5 Star IDC Center – 12Dive. We have great diving, and sunny weather all year round. And most importantly our experienced PADI Course Directors who really cares about diving, safety and the profession, will make you ready, not only for instructor exam, but for teaching in real life. We do not treat our IDCs as a mean to pass the exam. We offer quality and professional courses, with no shortcuts.
How can you start learning now?
Contact us now on gopro@12Dive.com to enroll in IDC
What is the IDC/IE?PADI IDC – Instructor Development Course The PADI IDC is a 10 day course, and is made up of two distinct components – the Assistant Instructor (AI) course, and the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program.
component is broken down into 3 areas:
Knowledge:Is designed to help you to understand the PADI standards and to increase and refresh your diving knowledge, by classroom curriculum presentations, and discussions. You learn about Risk Management, the business of diving, PADI courses, materials needed to teach your future students and other important topics relevant to your role as an Instructor. You also need to pass the theory exam and the PADI standards exam.
Confined Water Training:Is pool based, where you will learn how to demonstrate proper techniques, problem solving and giving students feedback. And learning how to make sure your students meet the performance requirements.
Open Water Training:prepares you for what you will need to know for conducting courses in the open water and also problem solving common mistakes students make. This includes different workshops and practice drills.
Once you got the know-how.You will then apply the PADI System of Education by presenting your own confined water teaching presentations, knowledge development presentations and open water teaching presentations.
Complete IDC Breakdown:1) IDC Presentations either classroom-led or self-study
- Learning, Instruction and the PADI System
- General Standards and Procedures
- Risk Management
- Marketing Diving
- Start Diving
- Teaching PADI Specialty Diver Courses
- Business of Diving
- Keep Diving
- How to Teach the Recreational Dive Planner (RDP)
- Course Orientation
- Developing Knowledge Development Presentations
- Teaching in Confined Water
- Conducting Open Water Dives
- General Standards and Procedures
- Open Water Diver Course
- Adventures in Diving Program
- Rescue Diver Course
- Divemaster Course
- Risk Management
- Skills Demonstrations Workshop
- 4 E Workshop
- Open Water Control and CESA Workshop
- Discover Scuba Diving Workshop
- Adventure Dive Workshop
- Rescue Exercise Workshop
4) Present 4 knowledge development teaching presentations
5) Present 4 confined water teaching presentations
6) Present 3 integrated (two skills) open water teaching presentation
7) Perform all 24 dive skills in the Skill Evaluation, scoring a minimum of 82 total points, with no individual score below 3.
8) Score 75 percent on the PADI Systems, Standards and Procedures Exam
9) Score 75 percent on all sections of the Dive Theory Exam (Physics, Physiology, RDP Theory, Skills & Environment, and Equipment)
10) Perform a facedown, nonstop swim for 800 metres using a mask, snorkel and fins.
PADI IE – Instructor Examination!At the end of your PADI IDC, you will be ready to attend the Instructor Exams (IE) – a two-day event conducted by a PADI Examiner who will assess the same components that you will have practiced during your IDC. All our IDCs have an IE scheduled to take place here on Tenerife, a day after the PADI IDC. As the IE will take place in familiar surroundings this will help you to feel at ease during the exams. To pass an Instructor Exam and become qualified as a PADI Open Water Instructor each candidate must successfully complete each component of the IE which includes:
- 5-part theory exam
- PADI systems standards and procedures exam
- 1 knowledge development prescriptive teaching presentation
- 1 confined water teaching presentation
- Demonstration quality 5-skill circuit
- 1 open water teaching presentation with 2 skills
- Demonstration quality rescue of an unresponsive diver at the surface using pocket mask or mouth to mouth
IDC PrerequisitesIn order, for you, to start the PADI IDC, you need to meet certain requirements:
- Dive Leader certification — PADI Divemaster or leadership-level certification with a recognized recreational diver training organization, including proof of rescue diving certification and documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation.
- 18 years old
- Signed Medical Clearance attesting “FIT TO DIVE” – not older than 12 months. **PDF link**
- Certified diver for six months.
- EFR Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months.
- Submit copies of qualifying certifications for entry level open water, advanced, rescue and leadership level.
- 18 years of age
- 90 logged dives (100 required to go to the IE)
12Dive PADI IDC Programs & ValuesBasic inclusions in our 12Dive Tenerife Instructor Packages:
- PADI IDC Crewpack
- FREE Diving during IDC
- ALL PADI IDC Fees
- FREE PADI Emergency 02 Provider Instructor Course
- FREE AWARE Shark Conservation Instructor Course
- FREE Access to Practice Exams
- Super Experienced PADI Instructors
- EXTRA IDC Workshops
FacilitiesThe classroom Fully equipped, air conditioned classroom with state of the art media, dive library and all latest PADI teaching materials, nice and quiet and with internet service. Available for you during the course and also to come early and study before the start of the course and after your presentations are finished. We also have fridge and microwave so you can keep drinks and food. We have complimentary water and coffee always around so you stay rehydrated and alert. Confined Water Training We have our own pool for all your confined water training. Which you can also use during the IDC, after class is finished, if you feel that your skills needs further finetuning. Open Water Training The open water training ground is only 10mins away! And we have two minivans to take you in all comfort to the dive sites for the open water training.
Why Choose 12Dive?Experience & Qualifications Rebecca and Ulf have gained a lot of experience over the years, which that they want to share with the next generation of PADI Instructors. They are hard and fair, and you will learn how to stick to the standards. Since becoming PADI Course Directors, the team have not looked back and will always continue to evolve IDCs in order to develop great instructors. But you got to be ready to work hard. They also offer a full range of professional continued education programs: Specialty Instructor courses, MSDT internships as well as IDC Staff Instructor courses. Consistency & Value Our Course Director are full time here at 12Dive for all IDCs, meaning they will be in charge of your IDC from start to finish. We have ample time to work on each candidate’s own strengths and weaknesses, thus ensuring that those weaknesses are gone before the end of your IDC. Many other IDC facilities that employ freelance Course Directors just bring in the Course Director to teach the last few days of an IDC which can lead to inconsistencies in teaching. to dive professionals. Our tranquil & professional center Our center, away from the crowds, will ensure that all our candidates can find the necessary peace and quiet required to be able to focus and enjoy the course. All-night parties and streets of bars are not what you need during your IDC! We are a PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Centre, we have been recognized by PADI as offering all PADI 5 Star Dive Centre standards, plus offer PADI instructor-level training. Five Star IDCs are committed to offering PADI Instructor Development Courses and continuing education opportunities. Job Opportunities If you will be looking for work as an Instructor after your IDC, you couldn’t be better placed. There are many up and coming dive locations in the Canary Islands and you are always just a quick flight from the world’s dive hot spots of Egypt, Azores, **more?**, . Plus, if you have time to stay on, after your IDC, and take advantage of our “Learn to Teach” Internship weeks. The experience that you will have gained, will put you in a better position when it comes to looking for work as well as the confidence when starting out. Language Support and POST IDC Support! IDCs at 12Dive are taught in English as a standard, however we also offer Spanish, German, Dutch, Swedish, Italian and French. Plus our help doesn’t end once you pass your IE. We will give you help and advice on how to prepare an attention-grabbing CV and on what potential employers are really looking for in an instructor. Even if you are not in town anymore, we are only a call, text or email away. – want to know more? -Email now firstname.lastname@example.org
Our PADI IDC packagesAt 12Dive, we want to keep it as simple as possible for you. We understand there are many different options to choose from when considering a place to complete your IDC so we have 4 different pre-arranged Instructor Development packages to suit the needs of the individual. We also understand that not everyone fits nicely into a certain niche, therefore if what you are looking for does not fit into one of these packages, we are able to create a custom made IDC package for you. For more information on our packages contact us at email@example.com PADI IDC Bronze Package
- 10 Days IDC
- PADI IDC Crewpack & PADI Pro Bag
- All PADI Instructor Application fees, & PADI IE Enrolment Fees
- Additional in-water workshops on the trickier skills, including five point descent, controlled emergency swimming ascent, lift bag, hover (Rescue is covered thoroughly)
- 5 PADI Instructor Speciality Trainings (Aware Shark Conservation, Emergency O2 Provider, Coral Reef Conservation, Project AWARE, & Peak Performance Buoyancy)
- 1 dive for free before IDC – subject to boat space
- Free diving during the IDC – subject to boat space
- Free Wi-Fi
- Extra IDC Workshops “step by step how to teach and set up skills for teaching”
- Instructor Preparation videos and pfds
- 1 week FREE “Learn to Teach” Internship after your IDC.
- Free Employment Advice & Support
- 12Dive Goodie bag
- PADI Goodie bag
- 12Dive IDC t-shirt – with your name printed!
- Free tanks, weights and belt during IDC and “Learn to teach” Internships
- Free tea and coffee at the dive centre
- 10% discount in our local restaurant
- 10% discount in our dive equipment store
- Accommodation (we offer special rates on shared or single rooms 5 mins from the center)
- Restaurant drinks and food (free water and coffee during training)
- Transport to, accommodation & food at IE venue, in unlikely event not held in Tenerife
- Equipment Rental (50EUR/week)
- Total Free 2 dives before IDC – subject to boat space
- EFR Instructor Courses
- EFR Instructor Materials
- EFR Instructor Application fee
- Enriched Air Nitrox Instructor Specialty Course
- PADI Instructor Application fees
- 3-weeks internship “Learn to teach” at 12Dive (no minimum certs. guaranteed)
- PADI Instructor Specialty Manual DVD (value over 250 Euros)
- Student level Enriched Air Nitrox certification (PADI will not process without student level Nitrox)
- Total 3 free dives before IDC – subject to boat space
- MSDT Prep course including 2 ADDITIONAL Instructor Specialties (Total of 8 Instructor Specs! choose between Deep, Wreck, Search & Recovery, Navigation, Night, DUP or Drift)
- PADI Instructor Application fees
- 5-weeks internship “Learn to Teach” at 12Dive (no minimum certs. guaranteed)
- PADI Open Water Prescriptive Lesson Guides (value over 130 Euros)
- Equipment maintenance and repair seminar
- MSDT PREP+ with ADDITIONAL 2 Extra Instructor Specialties (Total of 10 Instructor Specs! choose between Deep, Wreck, Search & Recovery, Navigation, Night, DUP, Drift, Self Reliant*)
- PADI Instructor Application fees
- Total 5 free dives before IDC – subject to boat space
- Equipment rental (BCD, regulator, wetsuit, mask, fins & boots)
- 8-weeks internship “Learn to Teach” with the chance to earn your first 25 certifications
- Intro to PADI Tec-Rec
DatesThese are our scheduled PADI IDC, MSDT and IDC Staff Instructor, dates for 2017!
|IDC PADI Instructor Course||PADI IE||MSDT Prep||PADI IDC Staff Course|
|24th September – 3rd October||5th – 6th October||7th – 10th October||21st – 23rd September|
|20th – 29th November||1st – 2nd December||3rd – 6th December||17th November – 19th November|